The roots of “yoga” can be traced back to ancient times but it has gained popularity amongst the mass in the recent times. It is a way of life for many and for some doing “yoga” is just following the “trend”. Whatever be the reason, results are always inclined towards positivity. It is the answer to de-stress all your stress. Right from giving you a peaceful, calm, composed mind to beautiful glowing skin, “yoga” is a boon to one’s life. As popularly said, it is a way to unite body, mind and soul.
Come, let us have a look at some of the benefits of “YOGA”.
- Weight loss: One of the greatest benefits of yoga and also the reason for its popularity amidst the youngsters is weight loss. With regular practice of yoga one also learns to keep a check on one’s own diet.
- Stress Buster: One way to let go all the accumulated stress and pressure of the entire day is “yoga”. A way to start your day on a positive mood or to end it peacefully, meditation and yoga helps in both.
- Restores serenity: It is the best way to regain your lost serenity and calm a disturbed, depressed mind.
- Improves immunity: Meditation, asanas and breathing exercises helps improve immunity as well as flexibility of the body.
- Enhances concentration: Yoga helps one to concentrate better on work and is also beneficial for students.
- Increases energy: It is the secret to feel fresh and energetic when you are totally drained out and exhausted.
You look good, feel good and work better. Yoga is the “mantra” to live a happy life in today’s over-stressful world. It ensures physical fitness, inner peace, controls anger, hypertension, reduces weight, normalises blood pressure. The benefits of “yoga” are uncountable. It is not a replacement to medical treatment but definitely helps one to add meaning to life and live it peacefully.
However, it is always advisable to practice yoga under supervision and act in accordance to the instructions given. There are several professionals facilitating the benefits of yoga to world outside such as organisations like Art of Living.
It caters to all age group, to all kind of professionals, to students and teenagers as well. Considering the benefits that yoga brings, the World Yoga Day was celebrated with much enthusiasm all over the world this year.
In a deeper sense the practice of Yoga brings balance, inner peace and contentment. It reduces conflict in human interaction, promotes creative thinking and innovation. As its practices and thoughts take root in humankind, an era of transformation can take place worldwide.
Looking into the benefits of yoga, government should play a motivating role in encouraging people to take up yoga and promote and create awareness for it.